The following slide presentations and/or recorded audio files contain forward-looking
statements regarding projected earnings levels, cost reductions, new awards and
backlog levels and the implementation of strategic initiatives. Such forward-looking
statements reflect current analysis of existing information.
Caution must be exercised in relying on forward-looking statements. Due to known
and unknown risks, the Company actual results may differ materially from its expectations
or projections. Factors potentially contributing to such differences include, among
- Changes in global business, economic, political and social conditions;
- The Company's failure to receive anticipated new contract awards;
- Customer cancellations of, or scope adjustments to, existing contracts;
- Difficulties or delays incurred in the execution of construction contracts resulting
in cost overruns or liabilities;
- Customer delays or defaults in making payments;
- Fluctuations in the demand for, and price of, coal and other natural resource
- Difficulties and delays incurred in the implementation of strategic initiatives;
and - Competition in the global engineering and construction industry.
The forward-looking statements are also based on various operating assumptions regarding,
among other things, overhead costs and employment levels that may not be realized.
While most risks affect only future costs or revenues anticipated by the Company,
some risks may relate to accruals that have already been reflected in earnings.
The Company's failure to receive payments of accrued amounts could result in a charge
against future earnings.
Additional information concerning factors that may influence the Company's results
can be found in its press releases as well as its periodic filings with the Securities
and Exchange Commission.
In this regard, risk factors are specifically discussed under the heading "Item
I. Business - Other Matters - Company Business Risks" in the Company's Form 10-K,
which can be found in the SEC Filings section of this Web site or available upon
request from Fluor's Investor Relations Department.
The Company disclaims any intent or obligation to update its forward-looking statements.